The Printing Port is a commercial printing and direct mail production company seeking hard working, motivated individuals to join our team.
We are currently seeking a full-time Bindery Operator. Previous Bindery experience is a MUST. This position is 1st shift M-F with some weekend work required during peak seasons.
- Determine specifications and perform bindery operations on work orders with appropriate utilization of bindery machines. May include guillotine cutters, mechanical folders, drills, round corner and stitching machines.
- Perform manual labor operations specified on work orders with correct application of industry-accepted practices. May include gathering signatures, jogging flat sheets, padding and other paper material handling.
- Ensure product is acceptable within quality guidelines by monitoring runs for defects and performing adjustments as needed. Maintain and repair bindery equipment by performing regularly scheduled inspections and maintenance as recommended by manufacturer and keeping records regarding all maintenance.
Other duties as assigned:
- Extensive knowledge of the print industry and components
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to stay on task without supervision.
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40lbs
- Must be dependable and able to stand for long periods.
- Must operate Fork Lift – Forklift certification a plus but not required. We will train.
If you are a detailed-oriented individual, with good decision-making skills, and are able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines, please email your resume to email@example.com